5 Amazing properties of Peppermint
These days, Peppermint is used regularly in a range of products ranging from toothpastes to chocolates. Its uses are seemingly limitless but it could be said that this versatile herb is not being used to its fullest potential. Theres so much more to this little herb than just an incredibly fresh flavour. Here are a few points that make demonstrate the incredible benefits of peppermint:
- The mint herb contains no cholesterol but it is however rich in essential oils, vitamins and dietary fibres which works to aid in the control of blood cholesterol and the state of blood pressure inside the body.
- The essential oil contained within: Menthol, has been regularly used as an analgesic (a painkiller), a local anaesthetic and a counter-irritant.
- Peppermint herbs are packed out with incredible minerals such as: potassium, calcium, iron, manganese and magnesium.It has been said that just 100g of this amazing herb contains around 569mg of potassium.This is an important component to cell and body fluids and controls both heart rate and blood pressure.
- The oils contained within can be used to aid in the ease of the throat and nose in cases of illness such as the common cold or flu.
- Peppermint aids in the digestion of food and so helps in the prevention of stomach troubles.
Hopefully, these are some facts that help to change your perception of this herb and perhaps even inspire you to use it more in your everyday life.